Thursday, May 6, 2010

BAADAYE!

Well, the end is here . . . tomorrow (in two hours, actually) I leave Tanzania. We’re driving to Arusha, then either flying or driving to SFS’s Nairobi National Park site (our plane tickets have technically been cancelled, although our flight has not . . . welcome to Tanzania!) where we’ll spend one night with our staff from Kenya before all taking off in separate directions. I’ll be going to Uganda with about 10 other people for a two-day rafting trip down the Nile River, and then to Lamu with five other people to explore beaches, ride donkeys, and eat mango (note: don’t ride donkeys. It is apparently not too much fun).

I have much to say about Directed Research, about expeditions, about Havennature Camp, about all my friends, and generally about stuff I somehow missed talking about. But there will be time for that in the future! And my future still involves this blog: http://glimpse.org/accounts/facebook_1234710216/profile/ (I was also recently republished on Matador Travel: http://matadorabroad.com/finding-art-in-tanzanian-tingatinga/). I’ll be honored if you read there, and if you keep in touch!

Thanks so, so much for reading, guys. Dispatches: buried like the elephant skeletons they are, for now.

Kwaheri,

Cara

No comments:

Post a Comment